2016 – Haiti Cherie – Event: Saturday, June 4, 2016 – NYC
Tickets are available now for the 6th annual Haiti Cherie: Pride, Love & Commitment event set for 6-11 p.m. Saturday, June 4, 2016 at Landmark On the Park in New York City. Haiti Cherie is an annual benefit founded by Fabrice J. Armand, producer, philanthropist; native son of Haiti in order to fund raise for organizations that are making a sustainable impact in Haiti. Haiti Cherie celebrates the beauty, history of the Haitian culture while honoring the resiliency of its people. The event honors professionals who have achieved significant success in their fields and serve as beacon of light through their hard work and dedication. Moet Hennessy has agreed to sponsor us for our 6th year in a row and they are planning some fun surprises. The 2016 Honorees will be announced soon.
CBS News Correspondent DeMarco Morgan will serve for the sixth straight year as Master of Ceremonies for the event.
Morgan will be joined by this year’s celebrity co-host 2015 Miss Haiti Universe Lisa Drouillard.
This year’s benefit will support Roots of Development.
Roots of Development is a 501c3 that helps impoverished communities in Haiti acquire the financial resources and organizational skills they need to manage their own development. They promote an alternative approach to rural development by facilitating a process in which we bring together diverse representatives from a community, listen to their goals, and build on their inherent strengths to complete community-driven projects that foster greater independence.
2015 – Haiti Cherie – Event: Friday, March 27, 2015 – NYC
Haiti Cherie is an annual benefit founded by Fabrice J. Armand, producer, philanthropist, native son of Haiti and current VP of GCaribbean Magazine in order to fund raise for organizations that are making a sustainable impact in Haiti. Haiti Cherie celebrates the beauty, history of the Haitian culture while honoring the resiliency of its people. The event honors professionals who have achieved significant success in their fields and serve as beacon of light through their hard work and dedication.
Purchase your tickets to the 2015 Haiti Cherie Pride, Love & Commitment event. Haiti Cherie will be at the Broad Street Ballroom in New York City 6:30 p.m. – 11 p.m. for the 2015 event. Early bird tickets are $100 (until February 27). Rush tickets are $150.
NBC Atlanta’s News Anchor DeMarco Morgan will serve as Master of Ceremonies for the event.
Haiti Food and Spirits creator Chef Stephan Berrouet will create authentic Haitian dishes for the attendees.
Open Bar provided all night by Moet Hennessy.
2015 Haiti Cherie Honorees include:
- Andre Berto – Andre Berto is a Haitian American Boxer, and a two-time Welterweight Champion.
- Harriet R. Michel – Harriet R. Michel was the first woman to head the New York Urban League. She also served as the President of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC). She is a founding member of the Association of Black Foundation Executives.
- Dr. William Pape – Dr. William Pape is a Professor of Medicine in the Center for Global Health, Division of Infectious Diseases at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York. He is also the founder and director of Les Centres GHESKIO in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. GHESKIO is Haiti’s largest provider of HIV and AIDS care, education, and research. Dr. Pape is the recipient of the Clinton Global Citizen Initiative Award, the Gates Award for Global Health and the Carlos Slim award on medicine.
- Karen Civil – Karen Civil is a trailblazer in the world of digital media and has overseen million dollar campaigns for celebrities and corporate clients.
Organizations benefiting from this year’s fundraiser are:
- HELP is a 501c3 whose mission is to create, through merit- and needs-based university scholarships, a community of young professionals and leaders who promote a more just society in Haiti. Help provides university scholarships in Haiti for straight-A students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Project St. Anne was founded by a small group of women passionate about giving back to their community in Camp-Perrin, Haïti, situated south of Port- Au- Prince. Their objective is to provide financial support to children by assisting them with the vital need of an education.
2014 – Tickets On Sale Now – Friday, February 28, 2014 – NYC
The fourth annual Haiti Cherie: Pride, Love, Commitment benefit will be February 28, 2014 at Studio 404 in New York City. Haiti Cherie began as the public birthday celebration for Philanthropist Fabrice J. Armand to raise funds for charities rebuilding his native Haiti. General admission is $50 in advance. VIP Admission is $150 in advance.
Atlanta news anchor DeMarco Morgan, Anchor 11 Alive Atlanta, returns for a fourth year as master of ceremonies. This year’s sponsor is Emblem Health. Strategic partners are Haiti Is Me, New York Urban League Young Professionals, The Young And Powerful Group, BlackLight Entertainment, and Haiti Tourism Inc. This year’s fundraiser benefits Haven as well as Project St. Anne.
Tickets may be purchased here by Eventbrite.
This year’s honorees include:
- Haiti’s Ambassador to the United States, Excellency Paul Altidor.
- Chair of Haitian Hometown Associations Resource Group, Kathleen Felix
- Principal Actor Toussaint Louverture, Jimmy Jean Louis
- SciMetrika CEO & Founder Dr. Jean Orelien
2013 – Tickets On Sale Now – February 28, 2013 – NYC
The third annual Haiti Cherie: Pride, Love, Commitment benefit will be February 28, 2013 at the Broad Street Ballroom in New York City. Haiti Cherie began as the public birthday celebration for Philanthropist Fabrice J. Armand to raise funds for charities rebuilding his native Haiti.
Tickets may be purchased here by Eventbrite.
The first 100 VIP ticket purchasers will receive gift set from Banana Republic and/or Brooks Brothers. Atlanta news anchor DeMarco Morgan, Anchor 11 Alive Atlanta, returns for a third year as master of ceremonies. Hors d’Oeuvres by Chef Ron DuPrat, Bravo’s Top Chef Contestant. Music by Melanie Charles, Brianna Colette, DJ CEO, DJ Ricky Bonds and DJ Moma.
This year’s Haiti Cherie honorees include:
- Illinois Circuit Court Judge Lionel Jean-Baptiste
- Rodney Leon, Founder of Rodney Leon Architects
- Mona Scott-Young, CEO of Monami Entertaintment
2013 – Save The Date – February 28 – NYC
Philanthropist, Entrepreneur and Producer Fabrice Armand announced the third annual Haiti Cherie benefit will be February 28. Haiti Cherie is an annual public birthday celebration for Fabrice Armand, which raises funds to support the redevelopment of Haiti. The event features honorees and a silent auction. For the latest information, visit the Haiti Cherie Facebook Page and see the announcement flyer below.
HAITI CHERIE 2012
Haiti Cherie is an annual birthday benefit created by Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, and Producer Fabrice Armand in order to raise money and awareness for organizations creating sustainable change in the Haitian Community. It is a celebration of the beauty, resiliency of the Haitian Culture and its contributions to the world. The March 2012 event benefited Wings Over Haiti & Haiti Cultural Exchange. The celebration began at Liberty Theater in Manhattan and continued with an after party at The Thompson Hotel Gild Hall.
Former New York WNBC anchor and current Atlanta 11 Alive Anchor DeMarco Morgan hosted the 2012 event that honored Ralph Gilles,President/CEO of SRT Brand & SVP of Design at Chrystler Group LLC; Dr. Mathieu Eugene, New York City Council Member; and Wallace Ford, Founder of Fordworks.
Music provided by DJ CEO, DJ MOMA and DJ FRANKY.
Hennessy was a sponsor.